Knot Your Average Summer Camp 2023
PICK YOUR SESSION:
SUMMER A: June 26-30 or SUMMER B: July 17-21
Classes will be held on Monday-Friday from 7:30 am until 5:00pm at the Lisha Lou Salon in Lakeland, FL.
Ages 12-18 • Must Have Braid Experience • Skill level: Intermediate - Advanced
$197 reserves your spot. (Total investment $497 – balance due 1 week before camp begins). Student's are responsible for daily lunch arrangements.
Benefits of Knot Your Average Summer Camp...
• Enrichment activities designed to reinforce and complement the student regular academic program.
• Students gain a valuable skill that increases independence and self sufficiency
• Students are provided Expanding Learning Opportunities
• Career & Vocational Training Entrepreneurship Education
• Students learn from an experienced, professional, dedicated instructor
• Students get the tools needed to turn their gift of hair braiding into a business
• Students tap into their passion and see the unlimited possibilities of pursuing their dream.
• 1 on 1 hands on training to help students master the latest braid styles
What previous students are saying...
I learned how to braid mainly do things I never did before. I gained a lot of confidence, met new people, laughed, had fun, and enjoyed my time.
- Mickaela, Age 14
I learned how to do knotless, box braids, cornrows, feed ins ,crochet, blending hair, and I've also learned things about prices when doing hair like how much you're paying per hour and what profiting is. I now have my own paying clients who come to me for braids. Now, I am able to assist Ms Lisha in classes, teaching other kids how to braid.
- Milan, Age 12
I got better at a lot of things when it comes to braiding. I learned how to do knotless braids better and how to cornrow to the scalp. I didn't know how to do that before taking the class. I gained for confidence in braiding too. The environment was nice and I liked that I was learning with other people my age. I can now manage my own natural hair in several protective styles
- Ty, Age 13